Hepatic vascular shunts
Schematic images showing development of the hepatic venous system, which starts to develop in the fifth week of intrauterine life.
Vitelline veins form the hepatic sinusoids. Left umbilical vein connects to the right vitelline vein via the ductus venosus. Anastomotic network around the duodenum forms the portal vein.
LCV, left cardinal vein; RCV, right cardinal vein; RUV, right umbilical vein; LUV, left umbilical vein; SC, superior communication; MC, middle communication; IC, inferior communication.
4:03 PM on Friday 26th April 2013
- komatsu-ltd-aktie-aktienkurs-cag reblogged this from medicineisnotmerchandise
- occludens likes this
- adventuresofamedhead reblogged this from medicineisnotmerchandise
- franciscalvarado likes this
- jadderwockz reblogged this from medicineisnotmerchandise
- rnnyssnc likes this
- mis-behavingmyself likes this
- alter-eggo reblogged this from anaestheticroom
- alter-eggo likes this
- naughty-medicine reblogged this from anaestheticroom
- nestel-iel likes this
- andrea-in likes this
- vetstudent-microbiologymaniac likes this
- srgcpzz likes this
- anaestheticroom reblogged this from medicineisnotmerchandise
- mindpotential reblogged this from medicineisnotmerchandise
- onwingslikeseagulls likes this
- lexxismonet likes this
- medicineisnotmerchandise posted this